Postgraduate Teaching Administrator (Part Time, Fixed Term)
The Department of Public Health and Primary Care in Cambridge is seeking a Post-Graduate Teaching Administrator to provide administrative support for its Postgraduate Teaching Programme. The successful applicant will manage the applications process for the PhD programmes, provide day-to-day support to the PhD Director of Studies, and serve as a point of contact for PhD students in the department.
- Support the PhD programme and assist with administration for the MPhil in Population Health Sciences.
- Manage the applications process for the PhD programmes and provide day-to-day support to the PhD Director of Studies.
- Serve as a point of contact for PhD students in the department.
- Assist when required with administration for the MPhil in Population Health Sciences.
- Ensure the efficient organisation and smooth running of the Department of Public Health and Primary Care's postgraduate Teaching Programme.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is educated to GCSE standard including English and Mathematics (or hold equivalent qualifications) or have equivalent experience.
- Has excellent organisational skills.
- Is IT literate, with experience using the Microsoft Office package, particularly Word and Excel and preferably MS Teams.
- Knowledge of Moodle is desirable.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills. ¿- Experience managing databases and websites.
- Has experience of working with the University administration and finance systems (CAMSIS and CUFS) is desirable.
We can offer:
- A supportive and collaborative team environment
- An inclusive workplace culture that values diversity and respects individuals
- The option to work in a hybrid fashion
- Training and support from within our Department and the School of Clinical Medicine
- Opportunities for career development
- An excellent location, to the South of Cambridge
Hours: Part-time, 14 hours per week
Start Date: preferably mid-June/early July
Closing Date: 4 June 2023
Interview Date: 8 June 2023
Location: Department of Public Health and Primary Care, East Forvie Building, University Forvie Site, Robinson Way, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge CB2 0SR (approximately 2 miles south of the city centre)
Informal enquiries can be made to Hannah Wheatcroft, Business and Operations Manager email@example.com
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available until 30 September 2025 in the first instance.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Please ensure that you outline how you match the criteria for the post and why you are applying for this role on the online application form.
Please include details of your referees, including email address and phone number, one of which must be your most recent line manager.
Please quote reference RH36555 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.