The University of Cambridge ranks consistently amongst the foremost Universities in the world, and we recognise it is our people who have built our reputation. We will only maintain our leading position in the academic world by continuing to attract, develop, support and retain the highest calibre of talented people.
The HR Transformation Programme is a new, ambitious and exciting initiative which aims to transform our HR capabilities and ways of working, leading to an improved employee experience. Improving, harmonising and simplifying HR administrative processes is a key part of this programme, together with the replacement of our current outdated HR and payroll system.
Having recently received approval for the programme, we are recruiting a number of key roles to the programme team. Included in those roles is an opportunity for an experienced User Researcher with a background in the design and delivery of digital products and services.
Supporting the HR Transformation programme, as a member of the Product and Service Design division in University Information Services, you will join a growing team of user researchers, analysts and designers, working to transform products and services used by the University's ~60,000 students and staff.
As a User Experience Researcher, you will:
- Work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Plan and conduct user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of the University's digital services.
- Take a user-centred, evidence-based approach by turning user research findings into actionable insights that influence service development.
- Ensure research is shareable and understandable though analysis, synthesis and presentation of findings and insights.
- Communicate findings to the team and the wider organisation, helping develop empathy for our users and inform evidence-based decisions. Are you the right candidate?
- Understanding and applying a range of user research methods correctly for different life cycle phases, and advising others on these methods.
- Communicating insights from research in a clear and impactful way that drives change in the design of products and services and informs policy and proposition.
- Establishing and applying ethical research standards and practices to ensure the safeguarding and wellbeing of participants and researchers.
- Working with autonomy and as part of a team, while managing multiple deadlines and responding with agility to changes in prioritisation.
- Researching diverse audiences to help teams deliver accessible and inclusive digital services.
Applications are welcome from internal candidates who would like to apply for the role on the basis of a secondment from their current role in the University.
We welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for part-time working or other flexible working arrangements.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Please upload a covering letter and CV in the Upload section of the online application. The covering letter should outline how you match the criteria for the post and why you are applying for this role. If you upload any additional documents which have not been requested, we will not be able to consider these as part of your application.
For any queries regarding this position please contact David Marshall, User Research Team Lead via email: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 7 February 2022.
Please quote reference VC29671 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.