The University of Cambridge ranks consistently amongst the foremost Universities in the world, and we recognise it is our people who have built our reputation. We will only maintain our leading position in the academic world by continuing to attract, develop, support and retain the highest calibre of talented people.
The HR Transformation Programme is a new, ambitious and exciting initiative which aims to transform our HR capabilities and ways of working, leading to an improved employee experience. Improving, harmonising and simplifying HR administrative processes is a key part of this programme, together with the replacement of our current outdated HR and payroll system.
Having recently received approval for the programme, we are recruiting a number of key roles to the programme team. Included in those roles are two opportunities for experienced Business Analysts with a background in process design and the delivery of digital products.
Supporting the HR Transformation programme, as a member of the Product and Service Design division in University Information Services, you will join a growing team of user researchers, analysts and designers, working to transform products and services used by the University's ~60,000 students and staff.
As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Carry out analysis to define problem scope and business objectives.
- Ensure that business requirements and processes are fully understood and clearly documented.
- Work to design new, modern, fit for purpose processes that can be applied across the University.
- Work on the specification, design and delivery of services by selecting and applying appropriate business analysis techniques.
- Work day-to-day as part of a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, designers, system implementors, project managers and others.
- Collaborate with this team to plan and simplify complex projects, delivering on the strategic priorities of the University.
- Plan and facilitate stakeholder workshops, demonstrations and user acceptance testing.
Are you the right candidate?
- Extensive experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary delivery team to shape and build digital products and services.
- Knowledge of business analysis techniques and methodologies, understanding how best to apply them to different situations.
- Experience of carrying out business analysis in an agile delivery environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Experience of Oracle Cloud HCM and Payroll, or other cloud HR, Payroll or ERP systems is desirable but not essential.
Applications are welcome from internal candidates who would like to apply for the role on the basis of a secondment from their current role in the University.
We welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for part-time working or other flexible working arrangements.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Please upload a covering letter and CV in the Upload section of the online application. The covering letter should outline how you match the criteria for the post and why you are applying for this role. If you upload any additional documents which have not been requested, we will not be able to consider these as part of your application.
For any queries regarding this position please contact Zara Sheldrake, Senior Business Analyst via email: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 7 February 2022.
Please quote reference VC29670 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.