Would you like to continue your career within a dynamic and interactive research community, supervised by world-class scientists who are ranked amongst the foremost in the world?
The Cambridge Stem Cell Institute and University of Cambridge are exceptional in the depth and diversity of its research in Stem Cell Biology and have a dynamic and interactive research community that is ranked amongst the foremost in the world. By bringing together members of both the Schools of Biology and Medicine, this four-year PhD programme will enable you to take advantage of the strength and breadth of stem cell research available in Cambridge.
If you have:
- a degree in a relevant subject
- a II.i honours degree or equivalent
- a passion for scientific research
we invite you to apply for one of 6 Wellcome-funded Four-Year studentships starting in October 2022.
Our studentships come with a generous stipend, funding for College fees plus a travel, training and consumables budget.
We also welcome applications from candidates with a Physical Sciences, Mathematical or Computational Sciences background who want to apply their knowledge to questions in stem cell biology.
Students complete three rotation projects in Year 1 of their MRes Course followed by a 3-year PhD programme (1+3).
- Choose from over 27 host laboratories in which to perform 3 rotations in year one.
- Learn a variety of practical techniques, including advanced imaging and flow cytometry.
- Study fundamental aspects of stem cell biology and stem cell medicine, through a series of modules led by leaders in the field.
Closing date: 6 January 2022
More information can be found on our website: https://www.stemcells.cam.ac.uk/join-us/students/mres-phd-stem-cell-biology-medicine
Please quote reference PS29074 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.