This is an exciting opportunity to join the Department of Oncology professional services team, who play an essential role in facilitating the University's cancer research. The team is responsible for all aspects of the operation of the Department, including finance, health and safety, HR and scientific administration.
This role will provide an efficient administrative service to the Business and Operations Manager, Deputy Manager and the professional services team, supporting all the different areas and being involved in a variety of projects.
Becoming an apprentice at the University of Cambridge is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and training. You will learn on the job by working with an experienced professional services team and have allocated study time to complete course work. You will contribute to the daily organisational tasks of a highly successful team.
- Provide a supportive administrative service to the professional services team.
- Meeting/committee organisation - collate and prepare papers, take minutes, organise catering.
- Assist the Department Health & Safety Officer with tasks such as meeting minutes, agendas and organising H&S inductions and termly committee meetings.
- Perform general administrative tasks, including the coordination of department events, such as new starter inductions, Wellbeing and open days.
- Supporting the department's Webmaster in maintaining the department's intranet and public web pages.
- Responsibility on iProcurement purchasing system alongside CUFs to assist the finance team.
- Handle general enquiries and correspondence as first point of contact, draft replies to straightforward enquiries and refer others as appropriate, sort and distribute incoming post, monitor the general email to ensure all enquiries are responded to or passed to relevant members of staff.
- Assist with processing of building access cards and keys to department and administration relating to issue of parking permits.
- Basic computer programmes, eg word processing, spreadsheets and emails
- Good organisation, communication and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work flexibly as part of a team
- Willing to learn and to take responsibility for their own development
- Able and willing to follow instructions and learn new tasks
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs or the equivalent at Grade C/4 or above, including Maths, Science and English. A or AS level(s) are desirable.
Fixed-term: 24 months.
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic disclosure (criminal records check) check and a security check.
Closing Date: 9 January 2022
To apply for this vacancy please visit the Find an Apprenticeship website: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-674369
Please quote reference RD28690 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.