Do you want to be part of a global community working with influential leaders and innovators to drive transformative action for people, nature, and climate?
The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) a globally influential institute working with thousands of leaders each year to accelerate global change for a sustainable economy.
Our work has never been more relevant as leaders in business, finance and government look to accelerate progress after COP26, raise ambition and deliver on the commitments made.
The Press Manager is a new role, sitting within CISL's Corporate Relations, Communications and Marketing team, which contributes to CISL's long-term growth and strategic impact.
The Press Manager will help raise the profile of CISL's research, executive education, accelerator programmes for SMEs and business and finance leadership groups. The role reports to the Senior Media Advisor and is being advertised at a particularly exciting time for the institute.
From Spring 2022 we will be based in a cutting-edge sustainable headquarters in the centre of Cambridge. The Entopia Building will drive collaboration by housing CISL's staff alongside a community of ambitious sustainability start-ups, researchers, and collaborators, whilst providing an exemplar of innovation as world-leading sustainable retrofit building.
We are looking for an ambitious Press Manager who can help support the development of CISL's strategic media outreach. This new role will help us reach wider and more diverse audiences, informing public debate on climate change and nature, and driving change within the economy.
Key skills and experience:
- Educated to degree standard with a minimum five years' experience operating in a busy press office or newsroom Demonstrable ability to communicate complex information to a diverse audience
- Knowledge of and interest in climate change and sustainability issues especially within business, policy and finance sectors
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with proven ability to write and copy-edit different types of content
- Proven ability to support and collaborate on integrated communications campaigns
- Strong track record developing relationships with journalists and a good contacts book and securing coverage in sector and mainstream media.
- Excellent organisational, timekeeping and prioritisation skills, with a good ability to work to tight deadlines
- Understanding of the importance of social media and able to edit and post in social media formats
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact Human.Resources@cisl.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference EN28572 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.