UIS seeks to appoint a Functional Analyst initially for a 18 months fixed term within the UIS Functional Analyst team. In this role, you will build on your existing knowledge and develop skills in new enterprise technologies to support the University's IT systems, while working within a collaborative and supportive team.
You will work alongside experienced developers, functional analysts, testers, trainers, and project managers on a range of activities. You will become a self-sufficient functional analyst through the practical application of the training provided and will have the chance to explore all aspects of service support and software development lifecycle. In your new role you will help to support and enhance our core systems and services. We will provide hands on training for the role and systems being supported.
You should be able to demonstrate the willingness to tackle challenging tasks in a highly effective and professional manner, often under tight deadlines. We are looking for team-players with a keenness for learning, an enquiring and analytical mind, and the commitment and enthusiasm to become a successful functional analyst and improve the software solutions we provide.
In this role you will have the opportunity to learn about enterprise business systems, how to support and how to configure these to provide the best outcome for our users. We are looking for someone with a positive and can do attitude with good problem-solving and organisational skills who wants to make a difference.
- Work within a team to support enterprise IT systems (primarily Student Systems)
- Perform annual system maintenance configuration activities
- Manage change request process including prioritisation, tracking work progress and overseeing the implementation of small changes
- Analysing user requirements for small and medium size change requests, propose improvement recommendations
- Ensure that systems and procedural documentation is maintained and accurate
- Analysing and troubleshooting system issues and walking users through resolution or workarounds
- Support testing team in defining acceptance tests for testing of issues and change requests
- Delivery of small to medium system change requests
- Oversee system and user testing for issues and small to medium size work
Competencies, Skills & Qualifications
- Enthusiastic self-starter eager to learn new technologies
- Positive customer focused attitude
- General knowledge of IT systems
- Knowledge of Student Systems would be valuable but it is not essential as training will be provided
- Comfortable finding solutions across technology boundaries.
- Comfortable with analysis of large data sets and reporting
- Strong problem solving skills
- Degree (2:1 or higher) or equivalent work experience.
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 18 months in the first instance.
Applications are welcome from internal candidates who would like to apply for the role on the basis of a secondment from their current role in the University.
We welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for part-time working or other flexible working arrangements.
We particularly welcome applications from women and candidates from a BME background for this vacancy as they are currently under-represented at this level in our Institution.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
For any queries regarding this position please contact Beata Oxlade, via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote reference VC26914 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.