The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) is a globally influential institute within the University of Cambridge pursuing a mission to develop leadership and solutions for a sustainable economy.
Our work has never been more relevant as leaders in business and government look to 'build back better' from the Covid-19 global pandemic. In our eyes, this means an economic recovery, which prioritises investment and innovation in solutions to climate change, the restoration of nature, and delivering inclusive, resilient societies.
For 30 years we have worked with executives and innovators at the highest levels of business and governments internationally, to build the capacity for global change. The Communications and Marketing team plays a key role in building CISL's reputation, profile and thought leadership position to attract participants to our executive education programmes, advisory services, start-up accelerator and other collaborative sustainability initiatives.
We are looking for a driven and detail-oriented marketing professional who will support the growth and impact of our education programmes ¿ from our flagship Executive programmes, to our Master's level graduate programmes and our growing portfolio of online programmes on leadership, communications, sustainable business and finance. Working as a core member of the marketing team and working closely with the Executive and Graduate Education teams you will develop and implement a range of marketing campaigns and approaches to generate interest from individuals and companies, and promote the impact of our programmes,
The role will own delivery of specific marketing plans and will be supported by the wider Communications and Marketing team, which is responsible for CISL's websites, social media channels, publishing, CRM, design, content and PR.
Applicants must be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work and will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Experience delivering successful multi-channel B2C marketing campaigns
- Experience of managing and segmenting data within a CRM system or excel.
- Ability to produce high quality marketing and promotional materials, including copy-writing and editing experience
- Technical skills in using online platforms, such as website CMS, email marketing platforms and social media channels
- Excellent communication skills, especially the use of appropriate language, correct grammar and spelling
- Excellent planning and organisational skills (project management)
- Effective prioritisation and attention to detail, whilst working to multiple and tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Degree level qualification in relevant subject or equivalent professional experience
The following attributes are desirable:
- A marketing-related degree and/or membership of a professional body such as the Chartered Institute for Marketing (CIM) would be an advantage, though relevant experience is just as valuable
- Ability to use web content management systems
- Understanding of sustainability
- Experience of marketing to businesses or business people
- Experience managing partner and agency relationships
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact Human.Resources@cisl.cam.ac.uk or visit the FAQ section on our website.
Please quote reference EN25087 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.