Two Research Assistant/Associate positions have become available as part of C-THRU (www.c-thru.org), an exciting international research programme funded by VKRF, which aims to deliver foresight on the future interventions and innovation opportunities in the petrochemical sector required to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
The post holder will be located in Central Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK.
The key responsibilities and duties are:
- Mapping global flows of petrochemicals
- Developing dynamic stock and flow tools to anticipate future demand of petrochemicals and availability of waste products
- Liaising and networking with C-THRU research team and industrial partners
The skills, qualifications and experience required to perform the role are:
- Applicants must have (or be close to obtaining) a PhD in Engineering or other relevant area
- Knowledge and experience in: environmental assessment, emissions accounting or other topics and tools of Industrial Ecology; modelling and resource analysis; use of Python, MATLAB or other appropriate programming languages
- Excellent communication skills
- Evidence of potential to produce high-quality research outputs, and experience of developing own models and tools
- Experience of managing own workload, sticking to deadlines and the ability to constantly update knowledge
Appointment at Research Associate level is dependent on having a PhD. Those who have submitted but not yet received their PhD will be appointed at Research Assistant level, which will be amended to Research Associate once the PhD has been awarded.
Salary Ranges: Research Assistant: £26,715 - £30,942 Research Associate: £32,816 - £40,322
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available until 30 September 2023 in the first instance.
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a health assessment.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Please ensure that you upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a covering letter in the Upload section of the online application. The covering letter should describe how your experience to date has prepared you to take on this role. If you upload any additional documents which have not been requested, we will not be able to consider these as part of your application. Please submit your application by midnight on the closing date.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Dr André Cabrera Serrenho at email@example.com or Dr Jonathan Cullen at firstname.lastname@example.org for queries of a technical nature related to this role, and please contact Joanna Wakeling at email@example.com for queries about the application process.
Please quote reference NM24335 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.