The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) is a globally influential institute within the University of Cambridge working on a mission to develop leadership and solutions towards a sustainable economy.
Our work has never been more relevant as leaders in business and government look to 'build back better' from the Covid-19 global pandemic. In our eyes, this means an economic recovery which prioritises investment and innovation in solutions to climate change, the restoration of nature, whilst delivering inclusive, resilient societies.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for the effective delivery of the Accelerator with responsibility for delivery of the ESIF funded Sustainability Business Hub and Accelerator services to SMEs. The role-holder will facilitate and support delivery of the grant programme and ensure outputs and results are effectively delivered to SMEs across the wider Cambridgeshire and Peterborough area. Essential to this will be effective collaboration with other business support providers and incubation environments.
The post-holder will deliver a unique sustainability-facing programme to assist SMEs and help them innovate to adapt, especially in the area of business innovation and international networks. Key to the delivery will be effective coordination of delivery and leverage of capability from across the University and in particular CISL to deliver high quality business support to enhance business competitiveness.
The Programme Manager also holds responsibility with the wider team for the smooth transition into a zero-carbon retrofit and the delivery of in-house business support activity across all aspects of the facility with particular reference to the effective networking and collaborative working support for SMEs and early stage start-up businesses.
You will be expected to deliver business support seminars and workshops in your area of specialisation and provide more general diagnostic business support and action planning.
Applicants must be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work and must demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Educated to at least degree level (post-graduate qualification desirable).
- Several years' experience in a relevant working environment, and in-depth knowledge of CISL programmes or similar.
- Experienced in managing project staff.
- Experienced in financial planning, developing and monitoring budgets.
- Skilled in event management, relationship marketing and project management.
- Proven expertise in successfully managing learning programmes for a range of clients, and in the effective delivery of commercially and educationally sound learning.
- Active knowledge of sustainable development and a solid understanding of how this affects leadership and business.
- Excellent relationship-management skills and a proven ability to build, grow and maintain relationships with clients, delivery partners, sponsors and other external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills.
This post is part-funded by the European Union's European Regional Development Fund.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact Human.Resources@cisl.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference EN24135 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.