The University Information Services department provides University-wide IT services for the University of Cambridge, to enable the success of the collegiate University in fulfilling its mission of excellence in research and education. Over the next five years, there will be a profound transformation of the University's BSS systems fed by the opportunities of cloud provision, whether by infrastructure-as-, platform-as, or software-as-a-service. There is a need to make a consistent, but not necessarily the same, decision regarding the strategy for each enterprise system. This will include both the migration of services and transformation of the workforce that support them. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Business Systems and Services to join the team to take this work forward.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, UIS, the role is accountable for demonstrating leadership abilities to inspire a high performing multi-disciplinary teams of IT professionals ensuring robust and secure development in an agile manner, helping shift the organisation towards Continuous Delivery.
As the Head of Business Systems and Services you will have responsibility for leading enterprise application delivery on:
- Strategy, development and operations for the enterprise information services and systems of the University;
- Leadership and overall line management for the teams supporting the enterprise systems of the University;
- Planning and execution of resilience and compliance of enterprise systems;
- Product Selection of Software and Services in accordance with the University's Financial Regulations;
- Vendor management and financial accountability for expenditure on enterprise system licenses and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate for this role will join us with:
- Extensive experience of managing, motivating and developing team members and creating a positive culture that embraces change;
- The ability to build high-performing teams through developing capability, creating an inclusive culture and supporting others to deliver in a fast paced and demanding environment;
- Proven negotiation experience that demonstrates the ability to listen, understand and positively influence both internal and external stakeholders to reach the right outcomes for the University;
- Experience in leading and operating live critical services and large complex systems;
- Experience of setting IT strategy governing the direction and conduct of business systems;
- Capable of taking an active role in strategic policy making at University level;
- Stakeholder management, with the ability to develop influential relationships with customers/suppliers/partners at senior management leve;
- A degree level/ Level 6 vocational qualification or equivalent level of practical experience
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
If you feel that you are the right person to drive forward this period of transformation within UIS, we would like to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV and covering statement by clicking 'Apply Online' below.
Interviews for this position are scheduled to be held on 21 July 2020.
Please quote reference VC23216 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.