The Biointerface Group at the Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge is looking for a Research Assistant to join our multi-disciplinary team, which has strong interest and expertise in developing organ-on-a-chip platforms and 3D bioprinting technology (see https://biointerface.eng.cam.ac.uk/). The successful candidate shall therefore also gain direct exposure to the many varied aspects of cutting edge Bioengineering research. The successful candidate will help in the everyday running of the laboratory and will also have the opportunity to pursue their own research project. The lab uses a wide range of techniques and enthusiastic candidates will have the opportunity to develop their research skills.
We welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for part-time working or other flexible working arrangements.
1. Preparing tissue cell culture and related biological samples
2. Assisting with general laboratory management, maintenance and training
3. Assisting with the design and development of 3D printing platforms and Organ-on-Chip systems 4. Help analyse, interpret & document data and results, and presenting findings
- Degree in Biological Sciences, Bioengineering or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of cell culture techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, able to plan and prioritise effectively
- A positive outlook, being a team player willing to get involved and help out where necessary
- Ability to keep good up-to-date records with attention to detail
- Experience of running cell based assays, (bio)MEMS, electrophysiology, (micro)fluidics - Experience in a life science or bioengineering laboratory - Experience of 3D printing - Good IT skills, experience of running outreach activities
Please include a covering letter with your application describing how you meet the essential criteria for the role.
Salary range: Research Assistant: £26,715 - £30,942
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a health assessment.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Please ensure that you upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV) with publication list, and a covering letter in the Upload section of the online application. If you upload any additional documents which have not been requested, we will not be able to consider these as part of your application. Please submit your application by midnight on the closing date.
Please quote reference NM22725 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.