From gravity to computers, evolution to pulsars, for 800 years the University of Cambridge has helped brilliant minds collaborate and create.
An opportunity has become available at University Information Services (UIS), for an experienced Business Analyst with a background in the delivery of digital products.
You will join a growing team of user researchers, analysts and designers, working to transform products and services used by the University's circa 60,000 students and staff.
Your work will be varied and unique, including improving the experience of prospective students applying to Cambridge, and enabling researchers find and manage grants to support their research activities.
You'll get the chance to collaborate and interact with some of the finest minds in the world, sharing data, insight and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the University's success.
This is a permanent role, based in University Information Services' modern offices on the West Cambridge Site.
As a Business Analyst you will:
- Carry out analysis to define the problem scope and business objectives
- Ensure that business requirements and processes are fully understood and clearly documented.
- Work on the specification, design and delivery of services by selecting and applying appropriate business analysis techniques as required.
- Work day-to-day as part of a multi-disciplinary team made up of researchers, designers, engineers, project managers and others.
- Collaborate with this team to simplify and plan complex delivery projects.
- Liaise with your counterparts across University Information Services to deliver on the strategic priorities of the University.
- Plan and facilitate stakeholder workshops.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Demonstrate professional development with a recognised business analysis qualification.
- Extensive experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary delivery team to shape and build digital products and services.
- Knowledge of the product lifecycle, techniques and methodologies and the understanding of how best to apply them to different situations.
- Experience of carrying out business analysis in an agile delivery environment.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous or challenging environments where you need to be self-driven and proactive.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact UIS Admin Office, email@example.com
Interviews are planned for the week commencing 9 December 2019.
Please quote reference VC21344 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Business Analyst Further Particulars
Business Analyst Further Particulars