From gravity to computers, evolution to pulsars, for 800 years the University of Cambridge has helped brilliant minds collaborate and create.
An opportunity has become available at University Information Services (UIS), for an experienced User Experience Designer with a background in the design and delivery of digital products.
You will join a growing team of user researchers, analysts and designers, working to transform products and services used by the University's circa 60,000 students and staff.
Your work will be varied and unique, including improving the experience of prospective students applying to Cambridge, and enabling researchers find and manage grants to support their research activities.
You'll get the chance to collaborate and interact with some of the finest minds in the world, sharing data, insight and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the University's success.
This is a permanent role, based in University Information Services' modern offices on the West Cambridge Site.
As a UX Designer you will:
- Apply and advocate UCD processes
- Produce flows, prototypes and designs
- Test design solutions to ensure great experience
- Champion modular design, usability and accessibility standards
- Partner with development teams to build experiences
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Extensive experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary delivery team to shape and build digital products and services
- Knowledge of the product lifecycle, techniques and methodologies and the understanding of how best to apply them to different situations
- Experience of carrying out user-centred design in an agile delivery environment
- Comfortable working in ambiguous or challenging environments where you need to be self-driven and proactive
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact UIS Admin Office, email@example.com
Interviews are planned for the week commencing 9 December 2019.
Please quote reference VC21273 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- User Experience Designer Further Particulars
User Experience Designer Further Particulars