The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) is a globally influential institute within the University of Cambridge working on a mission to develop leadership and solutions towards a sustainable economy.
We have a brand new, exciting opportunity for an experienced Facilities Manager to join CISL's Operations team. The successful candidate will have responsibility for delivering a wide range of services across the Institute, and will join a team that underpins and enables CISL's ability to achieve high sustainability impact around the world.
As Facilities Manager, you will have overall management responsibility for the Facilities function within the Institute.
This is a very exciting time to join CISL due to the Institute's continued success and rapid growth. If you have proven facilities management experience along with a proactive working mode, then this role is for you!
The ideal candidate will have the ability to thrive on being successful in moments of change, alongside always delivering the best day-to-day service levels.
Applicants must be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work and will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Facilities management, including the provision of physical infrastructure and high quality support services in a rapidly growing organisation both across multiple small sites and within a large single site.
- Office space management, increasing efficiency of space usage, and project management of office/desk reshuffles and relocations.
- Front of House management and people development.
- Budget management.
- Project management of facilities-related work, e.g. major and minor building projects, Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FFE) projects.
- Selection, contracting with and management of third party facilities service providers (such as for catering and cleaning).
- Departmental Safety Officer (DSO) experience, including for instance desk, venue and staff travel risk assessments.
- Strong business continuity practices.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Customer focused, coupled with operational efficiency.
- Extremely strong organisational skills.
- Ability to be highly collaborative and influential across a complex organisation.
- Results driven and tenacious.
- Ability to take ownership.
- Strong communication skills across all levels.
The deadline for applications is 25th August 2019.
Informal enquiries may be made to the CISL Human Resources team, Human.Resources@cisl.cam.ac.uk.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
To submit an application and view our Further Information document, please click on the link in the 'Apply online' section of the advert published on the University's Job Opportunities pages (Academic-Related staff):
This will take you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you do not have an existing account) and log in before completing the online application form.
Please quote reference EN20142 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.