The Digital Services Team is looking for an experienced IT technician. This team plays a key role in building, maintaining and supporting existing and future key business services and systems for the Cambridge University Libraries (including the main University Library and department and faculty libraries across the University).
The role holder will have broad technical knowledge and experience, a willingness to pick up new skills, work on a wide variety of platforms and tools, and will have a focus on providing support to the wider library community. The role holder will have a helpful, flexible and supportive attitude to provide a high quality customer service to all users, and will provide first line of support both face-to-face and via an active helpdesk system. The role holder should be a good team player with the ability to work independently when required, be self-motivated with good problem-solving and analytical skills.
The following key skills and experience is required
- Experience of Windows 7, Windows 10, Active Directory, Group Policy
- Experience of other operating systems including MacOS
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Office and Exchange Online
- Installing and configuring PC and Apple systems using system management appliances tools
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts
- Proven customer service skills
- Some experience of Quest Kace is desirable
- Hands-on experience of hardware and software troubleshooting
- Some experience of audio-visual technology is desirable
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 3 years in the first instance.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
For informal enquiries about this post, please contact Merina Tuladhar (email@example.com) 01223 747442
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd February 2019.
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 4th March 2019.
Please quote reference VE18054 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.