This is an exciting opportunity to join the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership's Graduate Programmes team. The team works with individual practitioners and leaders from some of the world's most influential organisations, building their capacity to bring about positive change for sustainability within and beyond their organisations. Through sustainability-focused, graduate-level programmes, we draw upon the latest evidence and cross-disciplinary thinking and approaches to inform, inspire, challenge and empower our students to take effective action.
We are looking for exceptional individual(s) to help us develop and deliver an expanding suite of programmes. The ideal candidate(s) will be able to hit the ground running and integrate quickly into a diverse, highly motivated team. You will have experience working in a professional organisation interacting with multiple stakeholders. You will be passionate about sustainability and creating an economy that can deliver the SDGs.
Your role will involve managing a number of graduate programmes from the planning stage through to delivery and evaluation. You will contribute to the team's market development strategy to ensure that we attract the highest calibre and most influential participants. For programmes under your management you will ensure that the design and delivery reflects the latest research, thinking and practice, innovating in both curriculum and learning design to ensure the highest possible quality and impact.
Applicants must demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- A thorough understanding of the broad landscape of sustainability issues, trends and pressures, and their relevance to leadership and business.
- A demonstrable interest in sustainability and commitment to the values that underpin CISL's work.
- Qualification to a Master's level in a relevant field.
- Excellent relationship-management skills and a proven ability to build, grow and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, highly proficient in spoken and written English as well as good public speaking, presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong analytical, project management and organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of financial planning, and developing and maintaining budgets.
- Ability to both work on own initiative and manage competing priorities while also proactively contributing to the overall management of the team, including the ability to manage, mentor and motivate more junior team members.
- High level of competence across standard office software packages.
One or more of the following attributes would be desirable:
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy and/or other demonstrated training in higher education teaching and learning.
- A PhD in a relevant field.
- Expertise relating to the social dimensions of sustainability, sustainability in supply/value chains, circular economy, sustainable finance and investment or another relevant area.
- Familiarity with the role of business in responding to sustainability challenges in developing or emerging economies.
- Experience of course and curriculum design and/or event management in a higher education context.
- Experience working for the University of Cambridge or similar institution.
- Experience with student assessment and/or supervision.
- Experience supporting business and financial institutions with sustainability services.
This is a full time, permanent position located in Cambridge.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact the CISL Human Resources team, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote reference EN17862 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.