This is an exciting opportunity to join the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL), working at the interface between academia and the private sector towards our mission of developing leadership and solutions for a sustainable economy.
This new and exciting role within the Executive Education team will support the team by gathering and analysing information to support and inform new and existing products and services. The Executive Programmes Analyst will research, analyse and communicate information on companies, markets, international trends and leading practice. The role-holder will integrate relevant data and insight into service proposals and will create briefs and presentations for external audiences, including clients. The role will provide market analysis into key CISL international markets, such as Southeast Asia and the Middle East. The role-holder will participate in meetings, conduct interviews with key stakeholders and integrate key findings into programme design and thought leadership outputs.
As the Executive Programmes Analyst, you will help to establish a knowledge resource for the international and custom portfolios, directly supporting proposals and engagements. You will organise data and maintain an accessible and user-friendly database. You will develop and maintain an understanding of relevant market sectors and subject areas to ensure CISL's existing programmes remain current, producing or commissioning market insight reports for internal use.
As well as being committed to the values that underpin CISL's work, applicants must demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrating an aptitude for analytical thinking;
- Strong research skills and ability to undertake (non-academic) research efficiently and effectively;
- Ability to translate and communicate research, data and complex information effectively;
- Good project planning skills and experience with the ability to respond willingly, quickly, flexibly and with resilience to changing business imperatives;
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language;
- Excellent written skills, including producing reports and proposals for clients and proving input and content for external presentations;
- High level of competence across standard Microsoft software, including at an advanced level for MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge and understanding of the broad landscape of sustainability issues, trends and pressures, and the relevance to business;
- Experience working in a professional environment;
- Educated to degree level.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Experience of working with Client Relationship Management systems;
- Research experience within a business or/and industry setting; specifically in analysis or benchmarking;
- Experience working in a sustainability related role.
This is a full time, permanent position located in Cambridge.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact the CISL Human Resources team, email@example.com.
Please quote reference EN17771 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.