Applications are invited for a University Lectureship in Gender Studies in the University of Cambridge Centre for Gender Studies. The post-holder is expected to start in September 2019. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing and thriving multidisciplinary Centre as part of the Department of Politics and International Studies in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
The post-holder should have researched, published and taught on gender topic The post-holder will partake in all the Centre's functions including post-graduate teaching on the MPhil and PhD programmes in Multi-disciplinary Gender Studies, undergraduate teaching for the HSPS Tripos (including for example the Part IIB paper 'Politics and Gender'), research, academic administration, academic events/public engagement and fundraising. The post-holder will be expected to undertake College teaching in addition to the Departmental requirements.
Candidates will need to show evidence of the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Excellent first degree and relevant doctorate (or clear evidence that completion of such a doctorate is imminent)
- Evidence of ability to engage in internationally outstanding gender research.
- Publications and participation in scholarly activity commensurate with stage of career.
- Evidence of ability to initiate and engage in international collaborations, including grant acquisition.
- Evidence of ability to teach in gender and politics.
- Evidence of ability to contribute substantively to core courses in gender studies with a strong preference for multi-method approaches (empirical and theoretical).
- Ability to play an effective role in the life and work of the Centre, Department and University as a whole.
- Ability to work co-operatively with academic colleagues and support staff.
- Ability to work as a willing and effective contributor on Centre, Departmental and Faculty committees and working groups.
Further information about the Centre can be found at www.gender.cam.ac.uk
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to email@example.com
Please quote reference UE17708 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.