The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership is a globally influential institute within the University of Cambridge, developing leadership and solutions for a sustainable economy.
This new and exciting role within the Operations team is an opportunity for an energetic and professional Executive Assistant to work directly with our Director. You will be joining a fast growing but 30 year old institute, working at the interface between academia and the private sector towards our mission. We help influential individuals, major organisations and whole sectors develop strategies that reconcile profitability and sustainability in order to develop solutions to shared challenges and catalyse real systems change.
The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative and personal support to the Director of CISL who has responsibility for maintaining a strategic overview of CISL's activities. The role will ensure the Director is able to focus their time on productively and effectively engaging in strategy, team management and external outreach. This role will have considerable external impact as the holder will have frequent and extensive contact with senior business, political and policy leaders, potential clients, funders, senior leaders of partner organisations, and will often be their main point of contact with CISL. The quality of the role holder's communications and the level of efficiency they demonstrate in arranging and following up meetings are likely to be taken as indicators of the way in which CISL conducts its business and the quality of service it provides. The Executive Assistant will be supported by an Administrative Assistant, who they will line manage.
We are therefore looking for a dynamic, driven and professional candidate with demonstrable experience as a high level Executive Assistant, with significant expertise in communication and building senior stakeholder relationships. Applicants must be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work and will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Significant previous experience of working as an Executive Assistant to a Senior Executive in a commercial environment with responsibility for complex diary management and international travel planning;
- Demonstrable experience in Project Management, research for reports, presentations and fundraising proposals, and developing and reviewing administrative processes and systems;
- The capacity to build relationships with senior leaders in the public, private and not for profit sectors nationally and internationally;
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal & communication skills;
- Confident and proactive, able to work using own judgement and initiative to make decisions on behalf of the Director where appropriate;
- Discretion and diplomacy in dealing with confidential information and sensitive issues and high profile contacts;
- Educated to degree level/Level 6 vocational qualification or equivalent level of practical experience.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Prior fundraising and events management experience;
- Previous experience of managing a more junior assistant.
This post is full-time and located in Cambridge.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Informal enquiries may be made to the CISL Human Resources team, Human.Resources@cisl.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference EN16843 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.