Applications for the year 2018-2019 are now open - deadline for submissions is 22 April 2018
The HRH Prince Alwaleed Centre of Islamic Studies, Cambridge, invites applications for graduate research studentships whose research is connected to the theme of contemporary Islam in the global age. We particularly welcome applications from graduate students whose research is connected to Muslims in the UK or Europe and is relevant to the areas of study of the Centre of Islamic Studies. The proposed research may be at Masters or PhD level, and may be in any discipline. The studentships may contribute to Cambridge University and College fees or maintenance according to circumstances. In order to be considered, candidates must have applied for admission by the relevant deadline to a Department or Faculty of the University of Cambridge and their course of research must begin or continue in the academic year 2018-19. It is a condition that students must accept Research Council or Cambridge Trusts funding if it is subsequently offered.
Successful candidates will be required to contribute to the research and outreach activities of the Centre of Islamic Studies.
To apply, please send:
- - a 2-page outline of the proposed research, with a CV and covering letter,
- - what you want the studentship to cover (University/College fees or maintenance)
- - demonstration of sufficient funds to cover maintenance expenses as per University of Cambridge guidelines (where applying for fees),
- - how much money you are requesting; and what other sources of funding you have applied for (the amounts, and dates by which you expect to be notified),
- - the names and contact details of two referees,
The deadline for applications is 22 April 2018.
If you have any questions on this role then please contact the Centre at email@example.com
Please quote reference VN15290 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.