This exciting role is an opportunity for an experienced and energetic Project Manager to contribute to some of CISL's highest profile projects including the Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneur Awards 2019.
You will be joining the fast growing but 30 year old University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) working at the interface between academia and the private sector, towards our mission of developing leadership and solutions for a sustainable economy.
The Executive Education team works with some of the world's leading companies and most influential organisations, helping them gain knowledge, develop strategies and build leadership to drive change. The team delivers these through a combination of face-to-face education programmes, strategic advisory projects, high-profile events, online learning and other capacity building and strategic activities.
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery and development of significant new and existing client projects and specifically, in 2019, the Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneur Awards, run in partnership between Unilever and CISL since 2014.
We are looking for a driven and creative professional with demonstrable experience of delivering a broad range of major client projects, with significant client relationship and project management expertise. The Senior Project Manager will also provide project management for new client opportunities and will support others to develop and maintain significant relationships and new areas of work.
Applicants must be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work and must demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Relevant degree level qualification or equivalent experience;
- Experience of managing significant and long-term client engagements with multiple stakeholders;
- Experience leading the development, revisions and implementation of processes, procedures and systems, including training others;
- Experience of financial management in relations to projects, including drawing up and monitoring budgets and re-forecasting;
- Advanced project management experience, including financial and budgetary management, resource allocation, planning, software, procedures and understanding of terminology and best practice;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to produce reports/ documents to a professional standard;
- Good team working skills, potential to coach/train others in systems and procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Experience in the fields of corporate sustainability, social entrepreneurship, or startups;
- Understanding and experience of the business sector;
- Experience line managing junior staff;
- Experience in events planning and management.
This post is full-time and located in Cambridge.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Informal enquiries may be sent to the CISL Human Resources team, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote reference EN14913 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.