This new and exciting role within the Corporate Relations and Communications team is an opportunity for a communications and marketing professional to join a fast growing organisation, supporting senior leaders and leading practitioners who represent business, the public sector and civil society in every industry and on every continent.
The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) is a globally influential institute within the University of Cambridge working on a mission to develop leadership and solutions towards a sustainable economy. The Corporate Relations and Communications team has responsibility for contributing to CISL's long term goals by building CISL's reputation and profile as a global thought leader. The team's work ensures the positioning of CISL within relevant markets and supports long term growth through professional marketing approaches across our education portfolios.
The purpose of this role is to support the team in its delivery of CISL's communications and marketing strategy which involves raising the profile of CISL's thought leadership, demonstrating the value and impact of CISL's approach to building leadership capacity, engaging CISL's global network of sustainability leaders and recruiting individuals and organisations to CISL's education programmes.
The Marketing and Communications Project Manager will work directly with teams across the organisation; creating new content to retain and grow CISL's global reputation; project managing communications and marketing campaigns; managing output on CISL's social media channels; supporting the development of CISL's network of sustainability leaders; project managing the production of new CISL publications; and developing content for marketing collateral.
We are looking for a dynamic, driven and creative marketing and communications professional with demonstrable experience of delivering a broad range of internal and external communications across multiple channels.
Applicants must be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work and will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Experience of a broad range of internal and external communications disciplines e.g. media, brand/publications, marketing campaigns;
- Experience of effectively communicating complex information to a diverse audience;
- Technical skills in using online platforms and social media 2.0 channels;
- Experience of managing social media channels;
- Ability to use web content management systems;
- Excellent communication skills, especially the use of appropriate language, correct grammar and spelling;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Degree level qualification in relevant subject or Level 6 vocational qualification or equivalent professional experience.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Understanding and experience of the business sector;
- Understanding of sustainability;
- Experience of marketing to both individuals and organisations.
The deadline for applications is 25 March 2018.
This post is full-time and located in Cambridge. CISL is an equal opportunities employer and candidates from all backgrounds and predispositions are encouraged to apply.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Informal enquiries may be made to CISL Human Resources team, human.Resources@cisl.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference EN14903 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.