Applications are invited for a range of new Academic Clinical Lectureships at the University of Cambridge funded by the NIHR - IAT programme. These offer an unrivalled opportunity to undertake high quality research within an outstanding academic and clinical environment. Applicants should be medically qualified, have full GMC registration, and already hold or have submitted a PhD/DPhil/MD. The appointment will be for four years, and, if you do not already hold a PhD/DPhil/MD at the time of application, any offer will be subject to confirmation of the award before commencement of the post. The successful candidate must be in post by 31 March 2019.
Eight Clinical Academic Lectureships are available in the following specialities: General Surgery, General Surgery OR Urology, Geriatric Medicine OR Rheumatology OR Anaesthetics, Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery OR Otolaryngology, Medical Microbiology OR Infectious Diseases OR Medical Virology, Neurology (Research theme: Dementia), Endocrinology & Diabetes OR Clinical Pathology (Research theme: Platform Science and Bioinformatics), General Practice OR Geriatric Medicine (Research theme: Older People and Complex Health Needs).
Please include the speciality you are applying for on your covering letter.
This appointment requires an Honorary Clinical Contract with the appropriate NHS Trust / NHS Body.
We welcome applications from those wishing to work part-time.
Please note there are two Geriatric Medicine posts (one formula and one competition).
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Please ensure that you upload a covering letter, CV, list of publications, current and future research plans (two sides of A4 only) in the Upload section of the online application. If you upload any additional documents which have not been requested, we will not be able to consider these as part of your application.
Queries in the first instance should be directed to Ann Enticknap at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 1 April 2018.
Please quote reference RC14902 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Further Information Clinical Lecturer in Infectious Diseases
- Further Information Clinical Lecturer in Medical Virology
- Further Information Clinical Lecturer in General Practice
- Further Information Clinical Lecturer in Geriatric Medicine OR Rhematology OR Anaesthetics
- Additional Information for Clinical Lecturers
- Further Information Clinical Lecturer in General Surgery or UROLOGY March 2018
- Further Information Clinical Lecturer in Medical Microbiology
- Further Information Clinical Lecturer in Endocrinology and Diabetes or Chemical Pathology
- Further Information Clinical Lecturer in Urology
- Further Information Clinical Lecturer in Neurology
- Further Information_Clinical Lecturer in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
- Further Information Clinical Lecturer in Rheumatology
- Further Information Clinical Lecturer in Geriatric Medicine
- Further Information Clinical Lecturer in General Surgery NHSBT
- Further Information Clinical Lecturer in Anaesthetics
- Further Information_Clinical Lecturer in Otolaryngology