This exciting role, at the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL), provides an opportunity to join the Graduate Programmes team, which runs CISL's suite of Master's-level programmes designed to build the capacity of professionals to bring about positive change for sustainability within their organisations.
We currently offer five graduate-level programmes: a Master of Studies in Sustainability Leadership, a Master of Studies in Interdisciplinary Design for the Built Environment, a Postgraduate Diploma in Sustainable Business, a Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Business and a Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Value Chains.
We plan to extend this portfolio by adding additional programmes. The role of the Project Coordinator is to provide administrative support to the team as well as to our mature students who expect a professional level of service, such as they would receive in the business world. Tasks may include:
- Acting as first point of contact for programme enquiries
- Coordinating admissions administration for both Postgraduate Certificate programmes, including processing applications, arranging interviews and communicating decisions
- Supporting event logistics for residential events in Cambridge, including liaison with clients, external stakeholders and suppliers) and the preparation of materials for events
- Post-event evaluation including capturing delegate feedback
- Undertaking the routine financial administration of assigned projects/areas of work
- Liaising with programme Tutors regarding the assessment of assignments and recording marking data
- Liaising closely with senior colleagues to provide a sound administrative underpinning across all Graduate programmes being delivered and developed
- Recording CISL communications with clients, logging market intelligence on each client, and serving as a point of contact for enquiries from delegates and speakers attending the event
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable competence in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- High standard of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of event management/logistics
- Familiarity and confidence in manipulating databases
- Confidence in supporting the financial aspects of ongoing projects
- Previous experience of working within a project team
- Relationship management experience (ability to communicate and maintain ongoing relationships with senior professionals) The following attributes are desirable:
- Experience of working with a Client Relationship Management system
- Familiarity with the University's financial systems
- Experience of working with part time, mature or Graduate students
- Experience of editing virtual learning environment tools (i.e. Moodle/CamTOOLS)
- A demonstrable interest to social and environmental responsibility
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Should you require any further information regarding this vacancy or you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Dawn Firth-Godbehere at Human.Resources@cisl.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference EN14344 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.