The Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) builds strategic leadership capacity to tackle global challenges. We do this through the delivery of leadership programmes and collaborative projects with business and policy leaders around the world.
As a member of the Business Services team your role will be as Contracts Advisor for the Institute, providing ad hoc advice to CISL Staff, ensuring that the correct contract templates are used wherever possible and due diligence procedures are undertaken. You will also review all client and supplier generated agreements and advise which terms and conditions require negotiation ensuring the best outcome for CISL, calling upon the support of the University's Legal Services Office as required.
Applicants must be sympathetic to the values that underpin CISL's work and the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent level of education
- Familiarity with interpreting and understanding detailed and complex contractual documentation
- Experience of negotiating and drafting client contracts, CDA's, MOUs, grant agreement's, contracts for services and other contracts
- Understanding IP policy, financial regulations and the interpretation of those with regards to contract negotiation
- Experience of administration in a University or a commercial environment
- Ability to work in a team and to prioritise work effectively
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and organisational skills
- Ability to resolve issues and problems in a timely and flexible manner
- Good organisational and time/project management skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Accuracy, attention to detail and strong administrative skills imperative
- Ability to work quickly and meet tight deadlines
- A customer-focused approach
This is a part-time post (18.75 hours per week across 5 days).
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a health assessment.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Should you require any further information regarding this vacancy or you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Dawn Firth-Godbehere at Human.Resources@cisl.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference EN14294 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.