The Laing O'Rourke (LOR) Centre for Construction Engineering and Technology is based at the Department of Engineering's main site in Trumpington Street. The Centre was established with the support of Laing O'Rourke to fulfil a shared vision of transforming the construction industry through innovation, education and technology. The work of the Centre is both novel and exciting and provides the Department and University with a unique research, education and thought-leadership hub for the construction and civil engineering industry.
The LOR Centre Administration Coordinator post is a new role focussed on providing comprehensive administrative support to the Centre Director and the Centre Manager and, from time-to-time, to the other two Centre academics. We are looking for an experienced executive assistant/administrator to co-ordinate and support the smooth running and the administration of the Centre. You will to the Centre Manager.
The scope of the role is focussed on:
- Maintaining and enhancing administration protocols and processes for the LOR Centre
- Providing secretarial support to the Director and Manager and, from time to time, to the two Centre academics
- Arranging meetings and providing secretarial support to various Committees and Boards
- Making travel arrangements
- Assisting in the organisation of many of the Centre events and conferences
- Maintaining the Centre's social media presence including up-dating the web site as directed by the Centre Manager
- Liaising with existing and new industry partners as well as marketing agencies
- Processing of expenses and research grant tracking
- Undertaking ad hoc projects appropriate to the role-holder as directed by the Centre Director and the Centre Manager.
The successful candidate will be educated to HND/HNC Level 4/5 vocational qualification or have an equivalent level of practical experience. You will be a good all-round administrator. You will have a high attention to detail, strong communication skills, be able to prioritise a demanding workload and meet deadlines effectively (it may be necessary for the role-holder to occasionally adjust their working hours to meet event deadlines). Experience in a customer service focused environment is desirable. Excellent organisational and operational skills are prerequisites for this role. Also essential is a high level of IT literacy using standard software packages plus expertise in up-dating and monitoring social media platforms (for business activities) as well as experience of website content management. You will have demonstrable experience of assisting/managing events and conferences. Experience of tracking research grant finances would be advantageous.
The role is offered as full time, but applicants who can offer the equivalent of 80% of full time hours will also be considered.
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available until 31 March 2020 in the first instance.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 28 November 2017. If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact the HR Office on 01223 332615 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote reference NM13950 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.