The Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) (https://www.cisl.cam.ac.uk/) runs leadership development courses, strategic dialogues and other services for executives from private, public and not-for-profit organisations around the world. These learning services are designed to provide expertise and to share knowledge and experience, in order to develop creative responses to sustainability challenges.
CISL is a department of the University of Cambridge. It has approximately 50 major corporate/Government clients, and attracts over 200 new delegates to its open programmes each year, adding to the current network of 1,600 individual alumni who remain in touch with each other through its programmes. CISL's programmes are generally delivered by external contributors, faculty, tutors and facilitators both from academic and practitioner communities.
The role holder will be responsible for supporting the Executive Programmes team in the delivery of programmes and events. Tasks may include:
- taking responsibility for project logistics (including liaison with clients, external stakeholders and suppliers) and the preparation of materials for events
- undertaking the routine financial administration of assigned projects/areas of work
- liaising closely with senior colleagues to provide a sound administrative underpinning for the programmes they are developing and delivering
- undertaking the co-ordination of CISL's relationship with a number of clients or prospective clients, including recording all CISL communications with each client, logging market intelligence on each client, and serving as the first point of contact for enquiries from or about the client regarding the client's relationship with CISL
- supporting internal communication systems to ensure cross team awareness of key relationships and identify opportunities for cross team synergies
- supporting the development of procedures, tools and resources
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable competence in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- High standard of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of event management/logistics
- Familiarity and confidence in manipulating databases
- Confidence in monitoring the financial aspects of ongoing projects
- Previous experience of working within a project team
- Relationship management experience (ability to communicate and maintain ongoing relationships with senior professionals)
- A demonstrable commitment to social and environmental responsibility
The following attributes are desirable:
- Experience of working with a Client Relationship Management system
- Familiarity with the University's financial systems
- Experience of working with part time and mature students
- Experience of editing virtual learning environment tools (i.e. Moodle/CamTOOLS)
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Should you require any further information regarding this vacancy or you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Judith.Collier@cisl.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference EN13176 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.