The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) builds strategic leadership capacity to tackle critical global challenges. It contributes to the University's leadership position in the field of sustainability through a portfolio of executive and graduate education, business leaders' groups and strategic engagement with major organisations.
The Digital Communications Systems Manager post is a new role within the Corporate Relations and Communications team, which will have primary responsibility for the development, maintenance and operation of a number of business-critical digital services and systems. The CISL website and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system are business-critical tools for promoting and managing the Institute's services and relationships. They empower our staff to deliver impact through effective working and by communicating its work to our target audiences in business, government and the finance sector.
The role has a particular focus on:
- The design, build and populating of new websites, and creating and maintaining a consistent website architecture
- The development and delivery of the on-going strategy and planning to optimise CISL's website
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, and managing the quality assurance process to ensure consistent tone, look and feel of web content
- The operational management of CISL's current content management system and the development and delivery of a strategy to plan, install, configure, and support a new CRM system
- The development, delivery and maintenance of services and systems to improve internal information sharing to meet business needs
- The design and oversight of the development and documentation of business processes to support the effective use of digital systems
- Contributing to the annual Corporate Relations, Communications and Marketing strategy and planning.
Applicants must be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work and will be expected to demonstrate:
- A high level of experience developing and managing web content management systems preferably Falcon, Drupal and Wordpress
- Implementation of complex technical projects across an organisation, including the technical, project management, internal relations, contract management and business process aspects
- Experience of working in a complex, fast-changing and commercially oriented environment
- Excellent technical project management skills to deliver complex multi-stakeholder projects to meet business needs
- Technical skills in Web and CRM development
- High level of content interpretation and writing/editing skills
- High level of attention to detail
- High level of general IT skills across database management, data manipulation, MS Office applications, Web 2.0 applications
- Planning and project management
- Qualification to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
The following experience would also be desirable:
- Experience of implementation, maintenance and use of Customer Relationship Management tools (preferably MS Dynamics)
- Experience of developing and delivering Intranet systems
- Understanding/experience of working in the sustainability sector/executive education market in which CISL operates
- Experience of academic publishing and electronic publishing
- Experience of working in an information organisation
- Experience of managing other digital projects at the interface of technology and content
- Technical skills in Intranet deployment and management
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Should you require any further information regarding this vacancy or you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Judith.Collier@cisl.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference EN13108 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.