How can multinational businesses take action to address global sustainability challenges while strengthening their commercial position and organisational resilience? How can they develop the leadership capacity needed to align sustainability with profitable growth?
For over 25 years the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (http://www.cisl.cam.ac.uk/), part of the University of Cambridge, has worked to empower and support organisations to address these challenges, by catalysing collective business action and through world-class educational programmes, both informed by cutting-edge research. Programmes include the flagship Prince of Wales's Business & Sustainability Programme offered in the UK, South Africa and Australia, a range of online programmes, as well as customised programmes delivered in Cambridge and internationally for some of the world's largest and most influential organisations.
CISL now plans to significantly extend this portfolio of high quality and internationally recognised executive education programmes and is seeking an exceptional, inspirational and commercially astute individual to lead an area of growth in the Executive Education team. Within the context of the overall team strategy, the successful candidate will take responsibility for building deep, substantive relationships with multinational businesses in specific markets, delivering and developing products and services to meet client needs, and building the knowledge base to underpin the team's work in order to inform and inspire leaders to take action.
- You will develop your own pipeline of strategic opportunities to build the capacity of senior leaders through customised, open-enrolment and online programmes - to do business in ways that deliver positive sustainability outcomes and to lead progress towards a sustainable economy.
- You will craft compelling and powerful propositions which are underpinned by the latest research, meet clients' rapidly evolving needs, represent the highest quality standards, and which are effective in achieving impact.
- You will lead highly-motivated project teams to deliver exceptionally high quality, high impact educational programmes and services, on time and on budget for clients within your portfolio.
- Most likely with an executive education, consultancy or think tank background, you will be accustomed to working with senior level clients particularly from the private sector, but also including the public sector and multilateral institutions, both in the UK and internationally, quickly building personal credibility and trust with key decision-makers
- You will have a personal track record of developing business opportunities and delivering high quality projects with multinational business
- Financially literate and commercially astute, you will complement CISL's expertise in sustainability with a consultative and appropriately challenging style of client engagement
- You will have a keen appreciation of customer needs and competitive analysis coupled with the intellectual rigour to develop profound and relevant propositions which deliver significant revenue growth to CISL
- You will be a positive, articulate and persuasive communicator with an inspired leadership style that builds trust, collaboration and strong working relationships with diverse and highly intelligent colleagues and partners, internally and externally
While you may not be an expert in sustainability, you will demonstrate a good understanding of critical sustainability issues facing senior leaders and have the personal commitment, intellectual curiosity and business development skills to make a major contribution to the continued success and reputation of CISL as a pioneer in sustainability leadership.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote reference EN12921 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.Apply online