This is an excellent opportunity to join the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership Sustainable Finance team at a time of expansion. The role will focus primarily on the ClimateWise insurance industry leadership platform. ClimateWise works directly with almost 30 global insurers to support them as they respond to the risks and opportunities of climate change. Some involvement with ClimateWise's partner platforms - the Investor Leaders Group and the Banking Environment Initiative - is likely.
This part-time role is for a minimum of two (2) days per week supporting our Cambridge office. The position will be on a fixed-term basis for one year. There is potential for an increase in hours, subject to mutual agreement and funding.
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and project support across the Sustainable Finance team. Tasks will include:
- Working with colleagues to support the delivery of ClimateWise projects. This includes general communications and dissemination, social media and email newsletters.
- Responsibility for managing the logistics and preparation of materials for project-related events and meetings (including liaising directly with members, external stakeholders and suppliers).
- Supporting the development of resources (e.g. briefings, minutes, presentations, website).
- Coordinating relationships with clients or prospective clients, including record-keeping (including CRM) and serving as a principle contact for enquiries.
- Supporting ClimateWise's financial administration.
- Support internal communication to ensure cross-team awareness of key relationships and identify opportunities for cross-team synergies.
Applicants must be committed to the values underpinning CISL's work and will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience: - Educated to A level or equivalent and/or a proven track record. - Excellent administrative and organisation skills, including financial processes such as invoicing and purchase orders. - Experience of a Client Relationship Management system or contact database (essential). - Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment and as part of a partially virtual project team. - Relationship management experience - ability to build and maintain inter-personal relationships with senior professionals and academics. - Excellent written and verbal communication skills. - Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative. - High standard of attention to detail. - Competence in the use of Microsoft Office. - Confidence in monitoring routine financial aspects of projects. - Some experience of event management and flexibility for occasional weekend or early morning attendance at events in London (desirable but not required).
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 12 months in the first instance.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Should you require any further information regarding this vacancy or you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Judith.Collier@cisl.cam.ac.uk
Please quote reference EN12878 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.