The Department of Clinical Neurosciences, which is based on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus was formed in 2004 and brings together the University Divisions of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Stem Cell Neurobiology, the John van Geest Centre for Brain Repair and the Wolfson Brain Imaging Centre. The Department works alongside the existing Addenbrooke's NHS Trust Clinical Division of Neuroscience.
The emphasis of research is on basic and applied neuroscience with the specific aims of understanding mechanisms of injury and repair in common diseases of the central nervous system. The clinical emphasis is on demyelinating disease, neurodegeneration, behavioural neurology, stroke and brain injury using clinical, genetic, immunological and imaging approaches.
We are looking for a Laboratory and Facilities Manager to join our departmental administrative team. Principal responsibilities for the successful applicant include:
- Developing and maintaining the research infrastructure and regulatory framework of the Department;
- Overseeing the strategic development of Departmental infrastructure in close collaboration with the team & principal investigators;
- Co-ordinating major infrastructure projects (including building and refurbishment projects) within the Department;
- Ensuring there is a suitable technical environment for researchers where needs are constantly changing;
- Planning and implementing delivery of the necessary resources to ensure there is an optimal environment for research activities;
- Overseeing the maintenance of the buildings and equipment, including negotiating and monitoring service contracts;
- Co-ordinating the procurement of equipment and laboratory supplies.
Education to Degree or equivalent with a biological or chemical background.
Experience and knowledge in the management and use of a wide range of laboratory equipment and a good understanding of the needs of laboratory-based scientists is essential.
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available until 31 March 2022 in the first instance.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 31st May 2017.
Please include details of your referees, including email address and phone number, one of which must be your most recent line manager.
Please quote reference ZE12071 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.