This exciting role, at the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (http://www.cisl.cam.ac.uk/), is an opportunity to join a small dynamic and fast-paced team that engages with a global network of companies to determine how business can sustain the natural world through its strategies and operating practices. The Natural Resource Security team (http://www.cisl.cam.ac.uk/business-action/natural-resource-security) works to enable natural capital to become part of the day-to-day 'routines' and decision-making of companies within a supportive policy and economic environment.
This includes enabling companies to understand their impacts and dependencies on soil, water and biodiversity, and identify how to measure and manage them effectively. The role will involve facilitating a group of businesses working to explore and expand their capabilities to address resource degradation through commercially viable strategies.
The role will contribute to a range of programmes within CISL's Resource Security team including the Natural Capital Impact Group (http://bit.ly/2uqgrgy) and other key partnerships which provide a structured path for companies to create solutions at scale.
We are looking for an exceptional mid-career professional with business experience and expertise in sustainability issues to join our Cambridge office. You will help deliver this portfolio of work in cooperation with senior business practitioners, academics in Cambridge and its partner research institutions, specialist organisations and industry experts.
You must be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work and will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Qualification to at least degree level or equivalent
- Expertise in natural capital and ecosystems and other sustainability issues, and how they affect business
- Experience of the commercial realities of investing in natural capital within corporate operations
- Experience of working closely with senior stakeholders including business leaders
- Ability to think strategically
- Confident facilitator and excellent communicator, with strong written and verbal communication skills, able to make complex content accessible to a wide range of audiences
- Experience of supporting funding applications and identifying new funding sources
- Experience of working in a fast-paced pressured environment as part of a project team
- Strong project management skills, including financial planning, with experience of developing, maintaining and delivering against budgets
- Good analytical skills with high standard of attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative, be flexible and manage competing priorities, and to manage others in that context.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Relevant degree
- Experience of event management
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
As this is a re-advertisement of a post you will not be able to submit a second application if you applied previously.
If you would like to ask any questions about the post, please contact Judith Collier, Senior Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote reference EN12025 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Programme Manager Natural Resource Security
Further details document