University of Cambridge

Job Opportunities


Administrator, Centre for Trophoblast Research (Part Time, Fixed Term)

The Centre for Trophoblast Research (see is looking for an experienced and well organised person to work as an Administrator from 1 May 2017, supporting the Director, Professor Graham Burton, and ensuring the smooth running of the Centre.

The successful candidate will effectively run the Centre's administrative and financial processes. You will promote the Centre by maintaining the web site, organising seminars, talks and events, arranging the production of publicity material, monitoring the finances and liaising with the Departmental Communications Co-ordinator. You will support staff, fellows and graduate students funded by the Centre and give advice to academic visitors on visa requirements etc. and arrange accommodation when necessary.

You should have experience of working in a busy administrative role together with excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and the capability to learn new computing skills when required. Accuracy and attention to detail are particularly important in this role as well as having the ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines.

This post is offered at 20 hours a week, spread equally over five days.

Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 3 years in the first instance.

To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.

Please complete the online form as fully as possible.

See link to the further particulars for the post below.

Please quote reference PM11713 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.

The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.

The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.

Further information

Apply online