Applications are invited for a range of new Academic Clinical Lectureships at the University of Cambridge funded by the NIHR - IAT programme. These offer an unrivalled opportunity to undertake high quality research within an outstanding academic and clinical environment. Applicants should be medically qualified, have full GMC registration, and already hold or have submitted a PhD/DPhil/MD). The appointment will be for four years and, if you do not already a PhD/DPhil/MD at the time of application, will be subject to confirmation of the award before commencement of the post. The successful candidate must be in post by 31 March 2018.
Six Academic Clinical Lectureships are available in the following specialities: Cardiology or Gastroenterology or Respiratory Medicine, Clinical Oncology or Clinical Radiology or Nuclear Medicine, Haematology, Public Health Medicine, Neurology or Neurosurgery or Ophthalmology and Genomic Medicine (specialties available are Clinical Genetics, Clinical Oncology, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Medical Oncology and Neurology).
Please include the specialty you are applying for on your covering letter.
This appointment requires and Honorary Clinical Contract with the appropriate NHS Trust / NHS Body.
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2017.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' button below. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Please ensure that you upload a covering letter, CV, list of publications, current and future research plans (two sides of A4 only) and the Clinical Lecturer additional information form in the Upload section of the online application. If you upload any additional documents which have not been requested, we will not be able to consider these as part of your application.
Queries in the first instance should be directed to Ann Enticknap at email@example.com.
Please note that the contract of employment for these posts will be subject to relevant terms and conditions as laid out in the national NHS 2016 junior doctors model contract. For further information, please contact Lisa Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01223 336809.
Please quote reference RC11480 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Additional Information for Clinical Lecturers
- Further Information - Genomic Medicine (Diabetes and Endocrinology)
- Further Information - Genomic Medicine (Clinical Genetics)
- Further Information - Genomic Medicine (Clinical Oncology)
- Further Information - Genomic Medicine (Medical Oncology)
- Further Information - Clinical Oncology
- Further Information - Public Health Medicine
- Further Information - Genomic Medicine (Neurology)
- Further Information - Ophthalmology
- Further Information - Cardiology
- Further Information - Neurology
- Further Information - Respiratory Medicine
- Further Information - Gastroenterology
- Further Information - Clinical Radiology or Nuclear Medicine
- Further Information - Neurosurgery
- Further Information - Haematology